Child Friendly Environment
16 Hickory Street
ph (203) 261-0499
The purpose of Cornerstone is to provide quality child day care benefiting the child, the parent, the staff and the community.
- to develop a valid sense of self. They are encouraged to try, think, act with increasing independence and be successful
- to build physical strength, coordination and motor skills
- to develop sound eating, resting and toileting habits
- to establish a foundation for good health, hygiene and safety habits
- to learn to respond to people comfortably and happily
- to learn to express emotions constructively
- to imagine and to express ideas and feelings creatively through music, movement, dramatic play, art and language
- to understand and appreciate diverse natural, cultural and social environments
- to explore concepts and develop intellectual curiosity
- to persevere in the face of difficulty, concentrate and become absorbed.
- to secure competent care for their child while they pursue careers or other interests
- to meet other parents and teachers concerned with the interests and needs of infants and children
- to enhance their understanding and appreciation of their children
- to gain knowledge about child rearing.
- to work with children in a developmentally appropriate setting
- to continue their professional development
- to enjoy the camaraderie of other early childhood educators
- to earn a competitive wage.
- to help meet the need for quality early childhood education
- to provide employment opportunities
- to contribute to the wholesome growth and development of its
Copyright © 1999 cornerstonekids.com Inc, All Rights Reserved