Cornerstone offers a special program for children aged 5-8 in regular attendance at public or private school who may need supervision before or after school. We believe that a program for schoolagers should be as "homelike" as possible. We offer children opportunities for recreation and constructive study within an environment conducive to their emotional and physical well-being. We are committed to a program for schoolagers that is child-directed and appeals to them at their stages of development.
We know that all children need affection and interesting experiences to grow up to be mature adults. Cornerstone ensures that these components of its programs for younger children continue in age-appropriate fashion for its older children.
- We ensure that children have been adequately fed, washed and dressed.
- We ensure that children have snacks and lunch or lunch money for school.
- We ensure timely escort of the child to the school bus.
- We ensure on-time meeting of the arriving school bus by a staff member.
- We provide a wholesome, nutritious and substantial after-school snack.
- We provide opportunities for the child to play, chat with friends and staff, read, do homework, pursue hobbies or just relax.
- We give emphasis to out-of-doors activities year-round
Please note: Bus service to and from area schools is limited and under the jurisdiction of the Trumbull Board of Education.
- Activities are available to registered children on school vacations, holidays, snow days and throughout the summer.
- We regularly schedule field trips and other special interest activities.
- We operate a "theme based" summer camp program.